DCGS Systems Administrator
Posted: March 17th, 2023
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Position: Systems Administrator Journeyman- one opportunity (This position is available at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), MD)
Modus Operandi, headquartered in Melbourne, FL, is seeking a motivated Systems Administrator to join our engineering team at APG. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have a current TS/SCI clearance.
About Modus Operandi
Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence communities. Our purpose is to help defend and protect our country, our allies, and our planet by providing innovative software for transforming data into wisdom.
At Modus Operandi our passion is harnessing data to empower smarter decisions. We deliver technology that helps organizations discover the hidden patterns of potential threats and opportunities—the genius—locked in their data. Our approach combines our advanced solutions that leverage next generation semantic technologies, with our team’s rare engineering and scientific expertise, and our rigorous implementation methodology.
Modus is seeking a Systems Administrator who has the willingness to complete systems administration contract requirements on the Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A) by completing the following responsibilities:
Must be capable of managing the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems. Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network. Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log. Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware. Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline. (Four additional years of experience can substitute for Bachelor’s degree)
- 3 years within the last 5 years systems administration
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems.
- User Privilege: IAT-1
- Personnel Security Stds: IT-II
- Position Sensitivity Designation: Noncritical-sensitive (ADP-II)
- Federal Investigative Stds: TIER 3
- Strong communication skills
- Hold a current and active TS/SCI