Senior Scientist - Living Intelligence
Posted: September 13th, 2022
Location: Modus Operandi HQ
1333 Gateway Drive, Suite 1026
Melbourne, Florida, 32901
MODUS OPERANDI, INC. – CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Position: Senior Scientist – Living Intelligence
(This position is based in Melbourne, FL – remote potential)
You: You will be excited about this opportunity because you:
- Desire an entrepreneurial environment where you can rapidly grow into a senior leadership role based on the results you achieve.
- Are passionate about advancing multiple technology areas that combine to create a newly emerging market segment.
- Want to see your research successes translate into financial success for you and your company.
- Are driven to see your research applied as part of a product strategy, creating value for customers and bringing innovation and differentiation for your company.
Us: Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company primarily serving the U.S. defense community. Our purpose is to provide innovative software for transforming data into living intelligence using AI/ML, Knowledge Graphs and an Object Management System. We are seeking an exceptional individual to fill the executive track position of Senior Scientist to lead strategic research initiatives that will fuel innovation in our product portfolio.
Learn about the Opportunity
As Senior Scientist you are a dynamic person able to lead the company's research initiatives in multiple technology areas, including decision intelligence / decision support, continuous intelligence / “Big Data”, augmented intelligence / human-machine teaming, data science, machine learning, semantic technology, and business intelligence. Collectively these are the key foundation technologies that enable the Modus Operandi approach to “Living Intelligence”. As Senior Scientist your research serves dual purposes – to advance the goals of our funding sponsors and to inject innovative capabilities into our products.
As Senior Scientist you will evaluate, invent, and improve technology that shapes our product and service offerings that apply these technologies. You will have leadership responsibility for growing our funding base for government sponsored research. You will direct and write government research proposals to address needs relevant to living intelligence. You will bring working knowledge of military systems in one or more domains we currently serve (e.g., knowledge management, intelligence analysis, logistics, requirements management, etc.). You may also bring knowledge of relevant commercial domains and use cases.
Your leadership responsibilities will span:
- research emerging technologies, standards, and market dynamics;
- monitor technology evolution and assess competitive threats, opportunities and strategic technology partnership opportunities;
- align the company’s research to complement existing products and capabilities and to address product roadmap objectives;
- collaborate with numerous engineering development team members;
- design and implement new computing techniques that will fuel the advancement of the company’s living intelligence capabilities;
- support formulation of our business development strategy and product vision, addressing both near term product goals and future strategic goals;
- develop and grow a funded research portfolio, encompassing aspects of:
- cultivate and manage deep customer relationships,
- provide research program leadership,
- support multiple programs as a principal investigator,
- lead research-oriented business development activities, and
- lead proposal generation activities;
- lead the company's intellectual property pursuits, including the identification and development of patents and trade secrets;
- write white papers and articles for strategic publication channels;
- conduct speaking engagements at key conferences;
- mentor staff and foster their learning and growth.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Leadership experience at a senior level or above with 8+ years overall relevant experience, preferably 5+ years in two or more of the living intelligence foundational technologies
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the above-cited military customer domains and/or potential commercial customer domains (e.g., regulatory compliance, litigation eDiscovery, or others)
- Technical Ph.D. degree
Qualifications / Position Requirements
An established track record of relevant technical publications, standard committee participation, and conference speaker experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research and structured analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge and past publications on topics relevant to living intelligence domain
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills, since presentations and partner/customer interactions are integral to the role
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. An existing TS/SCI preferred
Modus Operandi, Inc. is an EEO / AA / Disability / Vet Employer