Software Configuration Management Specialist
Posted: October 26th, 2022
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds
, Maryland, 21005
Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence communities. Our purpose is to help defend and protect our country, our allies, and our planet by providing innovative software for transforming data into wisdom.
At Modus Operandi our passion is harnessing data to empower smarter decisions. We deliver technology that helps organizations discover the hidden patterns of potential threats and opportunities—the genius—locked in their data. Our approach combines our advanced solutions that leverage next generation semantic technologies, with our team’s rare engineering and scientific expertise, and our rigorous implementation methodology.
Modus is seeking a Software Configuration Management Specialist who has the willingness to complete routine configuration control during the product development phase; review design release documents for completeness, proper approvals, and system updates, to ensure correct configuration modifications; and reviews contracts and drafts configuration plans to encompass all specification requirements on the Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A) by completing the following responsibilities:
- Must be able to write Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
- Must be capable of participating in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline for each system.
- Must be able to work on code management, audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar(4 additional years of experience can be substituted if no degree)
- 2-4 years’ experience providing configuration management
- Strong IT knowledge (e.g., server virtualization, network, database)
- Excellent technical documentation reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodology, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, JUnit, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium, Fortify
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to work and communicate with a broad set of team members of varying knowledge base
- Hold a current and active TS/SCI