Software Engineer Journeyman
Posted: June 29th, 2022
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland, 21005
Position: Software Engineer Journeyman - (This position is available at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), MD)
Modus Operandi, headquartered in Melbourne, FL, is seeking motivated a Software Engineer Journeyman to join our engineering team at APG. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have a current TS/SCI clearance.
About Modus Operandi
Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence communities. Our purpose is to help defend and protect our country, our allies, and our planet by providing innovative software for transforming data into wisdom.
At Modus Operandi our passion is harnessing data to empower smarter decisions. We deliver technology that helps organizations discover the hidden patterns of potential threats and opportunities—the genius—locked in their data. Our approach combines our advanced solutions that leverage next generation semantic technologies, with our team’s rare engineering and scientific expertise, and our rigorous implementation methodology.
Modus is seeking Software Engineer Journeyman who has the willingness to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications by completing the following responsibilities:
Design, develop, and maintain software. Work with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements. Develop tools and interfaces. Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Design embedded systems software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline. (Four additional years of applicable experience can substitute for bachelor’s degree)
- 3 years within the last 5 years software engineering experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodology, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, JUnit, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium, Fortify
- Hold a current and active TS/SCI