Posted: March 17th, 2023
Location: Modus Operandi HQ
1333 Gateway Drive, Suite 1026
Melbourne, Florida, 32901
Modus Operandi, located in Melbourne, FL, is seeking an exceptional User Interface (UI) Developer to join our team. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
You: You will be excited about this opportunity because you:
- Desire an entrepreneurial environment where you can be on a great engineering team to find successful outcomes.
- Are passionate about seeking out challenging problems and enjoy providing solutions.
- Are driven to see your development efforts applied as part of a product strategy, creating value for customers, and bringing innovation and differentiation for your company.
- Like the appeal of the East Coast of Florida lifestyle – sun, surf, and the favorable cost of living in Florida’s vibrant high-tech corridor. (Remote work may be considered)
- Insist on a culture that requires honesty and integrity, while embodying an ethos that goes beyond these basic expectations to include team spirit; fearlessness; continuous learning, honing, and applying of outstanding skills.
Us: Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence community. Our purpose is to help defend and protect our country, our allies, and our planet by providing innovative software for transforming data into living intelligence. We are seeking an exceptional individual to fill the UI developer role to design software that will fuel innovation in our product portfolio targeting the emerging living intelligence market segment.
Modus Operandi is seeking a motivated and skilled UI developer who understands application architecture, data modeling, application logic, data services and REST APIs, in the browser (using frameworks like Angular, React, Ember and Backbone) and interfacing with server-side applications on the backend (using Java frameworks like Spring).
Our developers are an exceptional group of experienced engineers with strong backgrounds in algorithms, object-oriented programming as well as designing and implementing complex software architectures. Our team needs an experienced Angular UI developer who is not afraid of challenges brought forth by innovation.
Our UI developers work with an User Experience (UX) team that provides robust visual designs in products like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe XD.
- Delivering a complete front-end application ensuring high performance across browsers
- Bachelors in computer science or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years total software development experience if being considered as a remote candidate
- Agile Software Development concepts and practice (SCRUM/Kanban, Jira)
- Strong grasp of development, integration, and deployment technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker)
- Fluent with modern software design principles (Design Patterns, IoC, OOP, Functional Programming, micro-services, test driven development etc.)
- User Experience: Thinks about application development from a user's perspective
- Software Design: Understands application architecture and has solid software design instincts
- Software Development: Capable of combining the above to efficiently visualize, design, develop, debug, and deliver features for a front-end application
- Experience with Java and backend application development
- Experience with semantic technologies (OWL, RDF, LD)
- Knowledge of logic programming (Prolog, Jena, Pellet etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL data repositories (MongoDB, Accumulo, Rya, OpenRDF, Cassandra)
- Experience with AI (Machine Learning, NLP)
- Experience with Enterprise technologies (Spring, Camel, Hadoop, Cloud Computing)
- Intelligence or Cyber domain knowledge