INFORMATION OVERLOAD IS AT THE HEART OF A LEADER’S LACK OF ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYST FRUSTRATION
Intelligence analysts receive a myriad of reports from multiple sources and methods. Finding, storing, and organizing these reports into a central location for detailed analysis is challenging. Remote environments further complicate report management efforts, resulting in leader decisions based on any available combat reports, and not necessarily the most important reports.
Current ISR tools were not developed for processing text reports. Therefore, analysts consume too much of their time searching for the reports to use in their analysis. Information is fragmented across multiple reports, which makes it hard for analysts to see the Big Picture. Analysts need a tool to capture information from reports, then share and collaborate on this information quickly. BLADE provides this tool.
BLADE helps the Warfighter overcome the information overload problem by enabling them to:
- Focus on what matters most – intelligence analysis – by using the wiki pages auto-generated from the intelligence reports
- Visualize an unprecedented situation awareness picture based on the intelligence reports
- Rapidly integrate the knowledge for commander’s reports, IPBs, and Intel requests by using target folders and HVI pages to better organize target knowledge
- Provide the ever-important “handoff product” to the relieving unit
- Easily share knowledge with mission partners and the DCGS Enterprise via the DIB using the integrated VMDC virtual metadata catalog.
BLADE IS GOVERNMENT OFF-THE-SHELF SOFTWARE
BLADE Capabilities Include:
- Intel Analytics workbench
- Lightweight GOTS alternative to Palantir
- Connects-the-dots for situational awareness
- Wiki model promotes tactical collaboration
- Concept models: people, places, events, groups, reports, things
A LOW-TO-NO COST INTELLIGENCE ANALYTIC WORKBENCH
BLADE Workbench enables Warfighters to more easily process text reports and collaborate to tackle Information overload.
- Integrated with VMDC to provide a virtual metadata catalog for automated publishing knowledge to the DIB
- Target folders and high-valued individual (HVI) pages enable analysts to better organize target knowledge and mission threats
- Implemented as a standalone application or integrated with existing intelligence systems
BLADE ingests information sources (e.g., XML, RDBMS, text, etc.). Semantic models are used to categorize the data for enhanced search capabilities.
BLADE then generates wiki pages based on the semantic model alignment.
BLADE provides APIs to integrate content into other intelligence systems and to enable smart search. VMDC integration provides DIB discovery and dissemination of the knowledge to the DCGS Enterprise.