Software Engineer Senior
Posted: March 15th, 2022
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Aberdeen, Maryland, 21005
Position:Senior Software Engineer- two opportunities (These positions are available at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (APG), MD)
Modus Operandi, headquartered in Melbourne, FL, is seeking motivated Senior Software Engineers to join our engineering team at APG. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have a current TS/SCI clearance.
About Modus Operandi
Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence communities. Our purpose is to help defend and protect our country, our allies, and our planet by providing innovative software for transforming data into wisdom.
At Modus Operandi our passion is harnessing data to empower smarter decisions. We deliver technology that helps organizations discover the hidden patterns of potential threats and opportunities—the genius—locked in their data. Our approach combines our advanced solutions that leverage next generation semantic technologies, with our team’s rare engineering and scientific expertise, and our rigorous implementation methodology.
Modus is seeking Senior Software Engineers who have the willingness to develop software engineering systems combined with strong Database skills (Specifically moving from Oracle to a more feasible solution) on the Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A) by completing the following responsibilities:
Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Solve engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline. (Four additional years of applicable experience can substitute for bachelor’s degree)
- 9 years within the last 15 years software engineering experience (preference is experience within RF systems)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodology, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, JUnit, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium, Fortify
- Hold a current and active TS/SCI
Modus Operandi, Inc. is an EEO / AA / Disability / Vet Employer