Software Development Services
Government agencies and commercial enterprises are faced with an era of new challenges. They must meet heightened mission requirements under daunting budgetary, schedule, and cyber-security constraints. From the battlespace to the board room, the need for improved software-intensive capabilities to address urgent and complex mission requirements is a recurring theme.
Modus Operandi works to address these challenges for defense customers spanning the USAF, US Army, US Navy, USMC, and Missile Defense Agency where we deliver solutions both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor to many of the leading prime system integrators. We provide full life cycle software engineering services to these organizations for mission-critical applications specializing in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions.
Examples of Our Work
- Development, modernization, and post-deployment software support for multiple Army Aerial Sensor platforms including ground-based data management capabilities (e.g., Guardrail Common Sensor, Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS))
- Modernization, sustainment, and 24/7 support of an Air Force knowledge discovery and management system for data ingest, enrichment, indexing, metadata management, and cataloging of content for rapid search and retrieval.
- Post-deployment software support for the Distributed Common Ground System—Army (DCGS-A).
- ISR Supportability Solutions for enhancing mission readiness and conducting post-mission diagnostics (Automated Test Framework and Network Analyzer for validating operational status of all components of complex systems, System Health Monitoring and Diagnostics, Auxiliary Ground Equipment (AGE) Van software development and sustainment)
- Software development of a virtual Metadata Catalog (vMDC) for the DCGS Integration Backbone (DIB). The vMDC generates a virtual interface into legacy data sources with no code development; thereby minimizing the effort to certify and bring data sources online, and lowering total cost of ownership.
- Software development of a Semantic Analysis Tool, providing the Air Force with the ability to recognize important messages in high-volume message streams.
- Development of a Predictive Analysis for Defense (PAD) software system to address MDA's needs for better situational awareness "left of launch." PAD provides a smart, flexible system for integrating, sharing, and analyzing disparate information in a shared, collaborative environment.
- Development of a cloud environment and supporting analytic capabilities for the Joint Capability Technology Demonstration (JCTD) Office, where existing structured databases (used in joint planning) can be ingested and tagged to support joint planners in analysis of operational scenarios.
When your solution requires cloud-based storage for web access, Modus Operandi is ready to help. We are an Amazon Web Services Certified Integrator.
Government Contract Vehicles
In additional to standard acquisition processes, we participate in several contracting vehicles to streamline acquisition timeframes and speed time-to-value. Our current contracting vehicles are listed in the table below.
IT Schedule 70
Modus Operandi, Inc.
Navy / USMC
Modus Operandi, Inc.
US Army CMD-APG (C4ISR)
Modus Operandi, Inc. (also a subcontractor to multiple partner primes)
Subcontractor to multiple prime contractors
In addition to established contracting vehicles, most of our products and services are eligible for sole source awards per authorities granted under 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(5) (SBIR Phase III). Interested US Government customers can use our Contact Form to request a copy of our "SBIR Phase III Guidebook."
In addition to our primary focus on the defense sector, we have been the lead contractor to the electric utility industry providing real-time decision support solutions for power generation management and wireless load control for remote management of commercial and industrial load levels during period of peak demand.